2013 News Archive
2012 News Archive
2011 News Archive
2010 News Archive
2009 News Archive
2008 News Archive
2007 News Archive
Press Releases »
2011 News Archive
2011 News Archive
- Suspect in 2010 Triple Shooting Faces Manslaughter Charges
- Crime Stoppers Announces Reward in West Side Shooting
- BPD Alert in Stranger Danger Case
- Mayor Byron Brown Announces Arrest in East Side Fatal Hit and Run
— Mayor Byron W. Brown announced today that Buffalo Police Accident Investigators have arrested an individual in connection with the fatal hit and run that occurred Sunday morning, October 2nd.
- Mayor Announces Arrest in West Side Stabbing of Teenager
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced an arrest in last week’s fatal stabbing on the city’s West Side.
- BPD Bike Auction set for July 23rd
— The date is now set for the next Buffalo Police Bicycle Auction.
- BPD Solve South Buffalo Murder Case
— Buffalo Police Homicide Detectives have arrested a man in connection with the murder of his father, which occurred this past March.
- Mayor Brown Announces Homicide Arrest
— Mayor Brown Announces Homicide Arrest.
- 7 Promoted by BPD
— Mayor Byron Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda announced the promotion of seven individuals.
- Mayor Brown Announces Summer Police Foot, Bicycle, & Segway Patrols
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that the Buffalo Police Department’s foot and bicycle patrols are prepared for another summer season. The patrols will provide comprehensive patrol coverage in the each of the department’s five districts including all of the city’s commercial districts, residential neighborhoods and parks.
- HSBC Bank Robbery
- BPD Investigate Fatal Shooting of East Side Deli Owner
— Buffalo police continue to investigate the fatal shooting of a local store owner at Masten Avenue and Riley Street, around 7:15pm, Friday night, May 6th.
- BPD and NFTA Catch Stabbing Suspect
- BPD Arrest HIV Carrier on Endangerment Charges
— Buffalo police have arrested an individual in connection with an HIV case.
Sex Offense Officers arrested 20 year old Darryl Fortner of Sherman Street in the city and charged him with: Reckless Endangerment in the 1st Degree.
- BPD Recover 5 Guns in West Side Home
— BPD Recover 5 Guns in West Side Home
- Buy Back Brings in over 600 Guns
— Mayor Brown's 4th city wide Gun Buy Back event brought in over 600 guns on Saturday, May 14th.
- A.G. Schneiderman Busts Another Organized Drug Distribution Ring in WNY
— Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman today announced the arrests and indictments of 10 Buffalo and Niagara Falls residents accused of operating a prescription drug and cocaine distribution ring on Buffalo city streets.
- BPD Make Arrest in Fatal Shooting
— BPD Make Arrest in Fatal Shooting.
- Mayor Brown Announces Donation To Buffalo Police Department
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that the Hertel-North Buffalo Business Association, North Buffalo Community Center, Sorrento Cheese Italian Heritage Festival and the West Side Business and Taxpayers Association have donated a defibrillator to the City of Buffalo and Buffalo Police Department.
- Mayor Brown & BPD Announce Series of Drug Raids
— Mayor Byron W. Brown and Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda today announced that the Buffalo Police Department Narcotics Unit and SWAT Team completed another phase of their relentless attack on illegal drugs and guns, after a two-day series of raids throughout the City of Buffalo. The raids were conducted between February 14-15, and designated “Operation Heartbreaker” because the process began on Valentine’s Day.
- Buffalo Police Department Grand Reopening
— Mayor Byron W. Brown today announced that the D-District building at 669 Hertel Avenue will reopen after exactly one year of vacancy and remediation.
- Mayor Byron Brown Announces Arrest in Fatal Shooting of 15 year old Girl
— Mayor Byron W. Brown announced this morning that Buffalo Police Homicide Detectives have made an arrest in the fatal shooting of 15 year old Dominique Maye last fall.
- Tips Lead to Quick Arrest of Bank Robber
— Just hours after Buffalo police released surveillance photos of a Person of Interest in connection with a Kenmore Avenue bank robbery, the individual was picked up and charged
- Looking For Rite Aid Robbery Suspect
— Buffalo police are releasing surveillance video in connection with the robbery of the Rite Aid store, located at 1410 Delaware Avenue.
- BPD Make Connection in Phone Store Robbery
— Some astute police work by Northwest District officers has led to the arrest of two suspects involved in the armed robbery of a phone store in the city's Riverside section
- BPD Investigate Cab Driver Shooting
— Buffalo Police Homicide Detectives continue to investigate the shooting of a city cab driver.
- Traffic / Weather Advisory
— Mayor issues citywide traffic/weather advisory. Due to the forecasted inclement weather conditions, city residents are advised to be aware of the following parking and snow removal issues.
- Upcoming Recruitment Events
— Date, location, address, and time of upcoming recruitment events.
- Man Charged in Fatal Stabbing of Girlfriend
— Buffalo Police Homicide Detectives have charged a Buffalo man in connection with the fatal stabbing of his girlfriend.
- BPD Investigate First Homicide of 2011
— Buffalo Police Homicide Detectives are investigating the city's first homicide of 2011.
- BPD Arrest Christmas Morning Shooter
— Buffalo police have made an arrest in connection with a Christmas morning shooting. Homicide Detectives have arrested 19 year old Michael Corchado-Jamieson of Buffalo and charged him with: Attempted Murder and Assault.
- BPD Arrest Two in West Side Deli Robbery
— Buffalo police have arrested two suspects in connection with a deli robbery Wednesday night, December 29th, on the city's West Side.
- BPD Investigating Bank Robbery
— Buffalo police are investigating a bank robbery that occurred Monday morning, December 20th, at the Key Bank located at 52 Amherst St.
- BPD 2011 Recruitment Exam
— BUFFALO – The City of Buffalo Police Department is looking for qualified individuals to take the Buffalo Police Test on April 23, 2011.
- Bank Robbery Suspect Caught In Sardinia
— Buffalo police are looking for a "person of interest" in connection with a December 7th bank robbery. The incident occurred at the HSBC Bank, located at 2016 Genesee St., at around 2:30pm in the afternoon.