Crime Prevention »
The ordinance was enacted for your protection and safety. Your parent(s) or guardian will be held responsible and could pay a fine of up to two hundred dollars ($200.00).
You are in violation of the curfew if you are doing the following:
- If you are less than 17 years of age
- Loiter, congregate, wander or play in or upon any public place the following hours:
Sunday — Thursday
11:00pm to 5:00am
Friday — Saturday
12:00am (Midnight) to 5:00am
What to Expect
- If the Police Officer believes that you are in violation of the curfew they will request identification.
- The following forms of identification are acceptable in establishing your identity:
- N.Y. State Driver's License or N.Y.S Non-Driver's identification.
- Social Service Card
- Military I.D.
- Buffalo Public School I.D.
- Positive identification by a Police Officer
- The Police Officer will direct you to go home or
- Police Officer may take you home
- In some cases the Police Officer will take you to the District House.
- If you are on Public Property next to your home or neighbor's home and no one is complaining.
- If you are going in a direct route to or from work and have a note from your employer which includes the following:
- Your name
- Your Address
- Your work Address
- Name and Title of your Employer
- Your hours of work
- If you are accompanied by your parent or guardian of legal age.
- If you are accompanied by an adult authorized by your parent/guardian.
- If you are on an emergency errand.
- If coming home in direct route from an adult supervised activity.
- When the minor is in a motor vehicle w/ parrental or guardian consent for normal travel and interstate travel.